Back to Top
When you have more than 50 Matches, go to Categories to see the rest.
- USA Today Earth Sciences for Teachers
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Projects and Activities for Children (National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences)
NIEH provides dozens of lessons and activities related to improving the environment.
- Cultural Diversity and Early Education (National Academy of Sciences - Phillips and Crowell)
Provides "research literature that bears on the early education of culturally and linguistically diverse populations of children." 2-00
- Earth Sciences Resources (Science Educators Web Resources Supersite)
Provides 8 annotated resources in the earth sciences.
- Earth Sciences - Create a Magnetometer (Windows on the Universe)
- Science Standards (National Academy of Sciences)
- Oceans in Earth Sciences
- Social Sciences Degree Online (GuideToOnlineSchools.com)
"The social sciences comprise a set of subjects that are concerned with exploring how individuals and civilizations function and progress. There are multiple subjects included under the umbrella of the social sciences: anthropology, economics, geography, history, political science, psychology, sociology, and sometimes criminology. Depending on their chosen degree structure, students may choose to concentrate on one particular subject, or include courses from other disciplines. With a wide range of subjects to study in the social sciences, there is an equally wide array of potential career paths, from research and advanced field studies, to careers in law, education, or government agencies." 09-09
- Earth Sciences - Wind (MJJSales.com)
Provides comprehensive coverage of the wind. 08-09
- Earth Sciences - Maps and Graphs Lessons (TeachNet)
- Earth Sciences - Grade 6 - 8 - Plate Techtonics (Coe and Merrick)
Provides lessons and worksheets.
- Daedelus (Journal of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences)
Provides table of contents for the current issue.
- Earth Sciences (T. L. Creations - For Kids Naturely)
Provides 10 lessons. 11-99
- Earth Sciences (Glencoe)
Provides earth sciences lessons. 11-99
- Maps in Earth Sciences
- Earth Sciences - Create a Thermometer (Windows on the Universe)
- Earth Sciences - Create Lightning (Windows on the Universe)
- Earth Sciences - Create a Fog (Windows on the Universe)
- Earth Sciences - Create a Cloud (Windows on the Universe)
- Earth Sciences - Create a Tornado (Windows on the Universe)
- -Maintaining Weight Loss: What Works (University of Colorado Health Sciences Center)
"The National Weight Control Registry (NWCR) was founded in 1993 and is a collaborative venture between Dr. James Hill of the University of Colorado and Dr. Rena Wing of Brown University and University of Pittsburgh. The NWCR is a longitudinal prospective study of individuals 18 years and older, who have successfully maintained a 30 pound weight loss for a minimum of 1 year. Currently, the registry includes approximately 4,500 individuals." 12-03
- Challenging Travels (GOALS)
Provides the stories of individuals and families who have taken on extreme challenges, such as pedaling around the world or kayaking around New Zealand. 5-00
- Sailing Technology (GOALS)
"This section contains learning projects and hands-on activities that explore technological advances in many areas related to sailing. Here you can learn about the science that makes long distance sailing and navigation possible." 5-00
- GLOBE HOME PAGE
- USGS - Education 1-01
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network)
- The Earthstorm Project (Oklahoma Climatological Survey)
Provides weather information for K-12 teachers and students.
- Wind Chill Chart (USA Today)
"The wind chill index combines the temperature and wind speed to tell you how cold the wind makes it 'feel.' Even though the chill is given as a temperature, it's not really a different kind of temperature."
- Guide to Weather Forecasting (USA Today)
Provides sources of information on how weather forecasting is done.
- A Guide to Weather Technology (USA Today)
Provides sources of information on weather technology.
- Weather for Pilots
- Weather Worldwide Forecasts by City (USA Today)
Provides weather by city globally. 11-01
- Weather USA Forecasts by City (USA Today)
Provides weather reports. 10-09
- Geologic Ages of Earth History
Provides a chart depicting history. 10-09
- Longitude and Latitude by City (Fourmilab)
Provides a picture of the Earth over major cities of the world and includes the longitude and latitude. 12-02
- Maps - Educational Resources (USGNS)
- Maps - US Geological Survey
- Oceanography (Woods Hole)
- Hoover Dam
- Ask the Earth Scientist
- Weather Basics (Levine)
Explains basic tools for recording the weather, such as the barometer, thermometer, psychrometer, and more. 1-02
- Continents on the Move (NOVA)
- Greenhouse Effect - Green Planet (NOVA)
- Ice Age - Causes (NOVA)
- Ice Age - Annotated Links (NOVA)
- Ancient History
- Caves (National Caves Association)
- Plate Tectonics - Himalayan Mountains (USGS)
Provides a history of the collision of the plate carrying India with Asia, forming the Himalayan Mountains.
- -Plate Tectonics (USGS)
Provides a comprehensive description of plate movement, including examples. 2-05
Send comments to
[Dr. Jerry Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.]