Ancient and Medieval
The West and Pioneers
World War I
World War II
- African American
- Ancient Civilizations
- Native American
- History Lesson Plans (Awesome Library)
History lessons are in the "Lessons and Curricula" section of the Awesome Library. A few are also available in the sub-topics above.
- -California Framework Links for Social Studies (SCORE)
Provides links in social studies by grade level or by subject. 9-05
- Computer History (Awesome Library)
- Conducting Research (Patterson and Swanson)
Provides help on conducting research. 10-09
- Public Broadcasting Service Online
- -History by Time Periods (Wikipedia.org)
Provides dozens of subcategories of articles. 1-07
- -History by Topic (Wikipedia.org)
Provides 42 subcategories of articles.
- Interactive History Projects (Patterson and Swanson)
Lists projects in history that include an interactive component.
- This Day in History (History Channel)
- What Is History? (StudentsFriend.com)
Provides a discussion of the pursuit of history. 9-04
- Women's Issues - 1830 - 1930 (Dublin and Sklar)
Searches historical documents for names and text related to women's issues from 1830 - 1930. Includes a particular emphasis on women's rights and suffrage.
- Research - Using Primary Sources (US Library of Congress)
Provides activities to learn how to use primary sources, using different modalities.
- Role Play of Historical Figures - Rubrics Creator (Rubistar)
Provides printable forms and selectable content for creating rubrics to evaluate preparation and presentation. 5-01
- Using Internet to Teach History
- History Videos (HistoryChannel.com)
Provides videos and DVDs on history themes. 3-02
- History Standards (MCREL)