- Ancient Africans
- Ancient Aztecs
- Ancient Celtics
- Ancient Chinese
- Ancient Civilizations
- Ancient Egyptians
- Ancient Greeks
- Ancient Incas
- Ancient Indians
- Ancient Japanese
- Ancient Maps
- Ancient Mayans
- Ancient Mesopotamians
- Ancient Native Americans
- Ancient Nubians
- Ancient Romans
- Ancient Vikings
- History Lesson Plans
- History of Money from Ancient Times to Present Day (Davies)
Provides a history. 10-09
- Ancient History Lessons are available in the Awesome Library under: Lessons - Social Studies - History
- History - Women in History (Women in World History Curriculum - Reese)
Provides lesson ideas regarding women.
- Aboriginal Links International
- Ancient History (Feig)
Includes Egypt, Greece and other ancient civilizations. 2-01
- Ancient History (Walters)
- Ancient History - By Civilization and Period (Donn)
Provides a high quality and comprehensive site for ancient history.
- Ancient History and Philosophy (Multnomah County Library)
Includes Vikings, Stone Age, and Ice Age, as well as the traditional cultures of the Aztecs, Egyptians, Greeks, Incas, Mayans, Mediterranean, Middle East, and Romans.
- Art History - Ancient (Witcombe)
- History (KidsClick)
Provides resources compiled by librarians.
- Medieval History Links (Labyrinth)
Provides college level syllabus and links to reading materials for courses in Medieval history.
- Medieval Studies (Georgetown University)
- Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation (Feig) 2-01
- Maps - Celestial Atlas from 1826 (Koenig)
Includes drawings of constellations as well as locations of stars.
- -Daily Life in Ancient Times (Donn)
Provides information on toys, pets, food, jobs, entertainment, transportation, clothes, and other daily life details. Includes ancient China, Egypt, Greece, Rome and India. 03-06
- Ancient Civilizations (About.com - Gill)
Provides information on the art, mythology, laws, and daily life of ancient Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Illyrians, Celts, Phoenicians, and Persians. 6-99
- Ancient History (SocialStudies.com)
Provides an introduction to the study of ancient history.
- Architecture Timeline (About.com - Craven)
Describes highlights of architecture throughout human history. Includes more recent styles, such as Renaissance, American Colonial, Baroque, Rococo, Georgian Colonial, Neoclassical, Federalist, Idealist, Greek Revival, Victorian, Art Nouveau, and Art Deco. 3-01
- Aurelius, Marcus - Meditations (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Long)
Provides the text for all twelve "books" or chapters.
- Battle of Hastings (Battle1066.com)
Describes the history leading up to the Battle of Hastings, as well as describing what happened after it. 2-05
- Catastrophe Changes Civilizations (PBS - Secrets of the Dead Series)
Provides evidence that in 535 A.D. the climate of the world was changed due to a volcano eruption. In turn, David Keyes researches changes in civilizations that may have been due to the droughts and hunger that may have resulted from the eruption. 6-01
- Daily Life in the Middle Ages (Annenberg CPB Project)
Provides information about homes, clothing, arts, health and other topics of daily life in the Middle Ages of Europe.
- England - Magna Carta (Yale Law School - Avalon Project)
Provides a translation, definitions of terms, and an index. 8-02
- Europe - Medieval Europe
- Holidays - Ancient Roots, Modern Holidays (Donn)
Provides information on key holidays and their history, including ancient holidays, Black History Month, Earth Day, Easter, President's Day and other holidays. Also provides lesson plans and clip art related to the holidays.
- Inventions - Ancient Inventions (SCORE)
Provides highlights of inventions from ancient civilizations and a quiz.
- Inventions from the Ancient World (Senechal)
Shows and describes 46 great inventions from the ancient world, such as a battery, a steam engine, and a coin-operated holy water dispenser, from the Smith College Museum.
- Mammals - Evolution (EnchantedLearning)
Provides a description of the evolution of mammals and includes links to key changes. 3-00 †
- Medieval Bras a Surprise (CBS News)
"A revolutionary discovery is rewriting the history of underwear: Some 600 years ago, women wore bras." 07-12
- Paleontology by Geological Period, Phylogeny, or Theory (UCMP)
Provides alternative formats of exploring paleontology. 3-00
- Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (Design-Training.com)
"Today we continue that tradition of celebrating that which amazes and inspires us Ė commemorating the man-made and natural wonders that surround us with such lists as the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World and the New Seven Wonders of the World Ė one of the many modern lists of wonders."
"These lists of the greats donít stop us from admiring other wonders in the world however Ė wonders that havenít made the lists but donít necessarily stop inspiring in us those same feelings of wonder that so captured the imagination of the ancient Greeks." 10-09
- Space Dust to Unlock Mexican Pyramid Mysteries (MSNBC News)
"Deep under the huge Pyramid of the Sun, north of Mexico City, physicists are installing a device to detect muons, subatomic particles that are left over when cosmic rays hit Earth."
"The particles pass through solid objects, leaving tiny traces which the detector will measure, like an X-ray machine, in a search for burial chambers inside the monolith." 3-04
- Spanish Conquest - Cabeza De Vaca (Bandelier, Translator)
Provides the records of De Vaca, describing his journeys. 6-02
- The Mary Rose 16th Century Warship 8-99
- The Study of Women in the Ancient World
- Trebuchets - Ancient Rock Hurlers (Miners)
Describes ancient trebuchets, ancient rock hurlers. Trebuchets require math skills to make accurate throws.
- Collapse of Ancient Civilizations (Annenberg CPB Project)
Provides interactive adventures to explore why four ancient civilizations collapsed.
- Trebuchets - Ancient Rock Hurlers (Miners)
Describes how trebuchets, ancient rock hurlers, are built. Requires math skills to make one that is accurate.