- Colonial America
- Native Americans
- -Thanksgiving Cards (123 Greetings)
Send a free postcard for Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Clip Art (ClipsAhoy.com)
Provides clip art.
- Thanksgiving Images and Graphics (HellasMultimedia.com)
Provides free Thanksgiving icons and graphics.
- A Meal Without Forks (HistoryChannel.com)
Describes how meals were really eaten in 1621.
- Energy Saving Tips for the Thanksgiving Holidays (PR Newswire Associates)
Provides tips for saving energy during the Thanksgiving holidays.
- From Local Harvests to National Holiday (Smithsonian Institute)
ost Americans are familiar with the Pilgrim's Thanksgiving Feast of 1621, but few realize that it was not the first festival of its kind in North America. Long before Europeans set foot in the Americas, native peoples sought to insure a good harvest with dances and rituals such as the Green Corn Dance of the Cherokees.
- Giving Thanks for Everyday Heroes (MSNBC News)
"Meet 5 who answered the call, and hear what they learned from their acts of kindness and courage" 11-10
- Squanto (Griffin)
Provides the story of Squanto, the Native American who saved the lives of the early Pilgrims.
- Thanksgiving - The Pilgrims
"On June 20, 1676, the governing council of Charlestown, Massachusetts instructed Edward Rawson, the clerk, to proclaim June 29 as a day of thanksgiving, our first. That proclamation is reproduced here in the same language and spelling as the original." 09-09
- Thanksgiving History (Petro)
Provides the religious and secular history.
- Thanksgiving Recipes (MSN)
Provides a variety of recipes.