By Subject and Standard
Probability and Statistics
- Assessment Information
- Math Lessons
- Problem Solving
- Ask Dr. Math (Math Forum)
Provides organized structure for gaining answers. Award-winning site.
- Math Games (FunBrain.com)
Provides almost two dozen games to help teens in junior high or high school learn basic math.
- Math Games and Puzzles (CTK Math Games for Kids)
Provides games and puzzles that require math to solve.
- By Grade Level (PBSLearningMedia.org)
Provides math exercises and lessons by grade level.
- By Grade Level and Topic (8-10) (British Columbia Ministry of Education)
Provides math outcomes and activities by topic and grade level (8-10).
- Eighth Grade Math Lessons, Instructions, and Activities (MathForum.org)
Provides 57 sources of lessons, instructions, and activities related to eighth grade math.
- Math Eighth Grade (AAA Math - Banfill)
Provides interactive practice in math, including numbers, decimals, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement, geometry, expressions, equations, scientific notation, and more. Designed for eighth grade.
- Math for Seventh Grade (AAA Math - Banfill)
Provides interactive practice in math, including numbers, decimals, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measurement, geometry, expressions, equations, scientific notation, and more. Designed for seventh grade.
- Middle and High School Math Lessons (PBSLearningMedia.org)
Provides lessons, activities, and videos to support lessons.
- Organized By Grade Level and By Topic (Awesome Library)
Provides math lessons and activities by grade level or topic.
- Problems and Solutions (eMathematics.net)
Provides problems, explanations, and solutions. Includes the topics of pre-algebra, algebra, geometry graphs and functions, trigonometry, coordinate geometry and combinatorics. Also includes arithmetic, integers, divisibility, fractions, exponents and roots, percentages, proportional reasoning, percentages, fractions, equations, 2-D shapes, indices and exponents, quadratic equations, variations, permutations, combinations, matrices, factorials, and inner products. 10-09
- Seventh Grade Math Lessons, Instructions, and Activities (MathForum.org)
Provides 78 sources of lessons, instructions, and activities related to seventh grade math.
- -By Topic (Math Forum)
Provides math lessons within 32 topics.
- Arithmetic Resources (Math Forum)
- By Grade Level (Math Forum)
- By Search Engine 1 (Math Forum)
Search for math materials by grade level, topic, and type of material.
- By Search Engine 2 (Math Forum)
Provides a comprehensive search.
- By Search Engine or Browsing (Math Central)
Provides math resources by keyword search or browsing. 10-08
- Eisenhower Clearinghouse Search
"ENC was originally created to collect all types of teaching materials for K-12 math and science educators and to identify and disseminate information about federally funded programs."
- Math Forum (Math Forum)
Provides comprehensive and well organized math resources.
- Math Resources (IPL.org)
Provides math resources.
- Mathematics (NCREL)
- -Articles by Topic (Wikipedia.org)
Provides dozens of topics.
- Biographies of Mathematicians (University of St. Andrews, Scotland)
Provides short biographies of mathematicians by last name, period of history, or by search engine.
- Conversion to Scientific Notation (WebMath)
Converts numbers you provide. 2-04
- Dyslexia and Math (WETA - International Dyslexia Association)
Describes dyslexia as it applies to math and makes a distinction between dyslexia and dyscalculia, trouble with calculating.
- Math Equation Calculator (Time.com)
"Based on the promo clip, PhotoMath, dubbed a “smart camera calculator,” appears to use smartphone cameras to scan a photo of a math equation in a textbook and display the answer instantly — similar to apps that scan barcodes and takes users to a link in a web browser. It looks like the app can also show step-by-step instructions for solving the problem." 10-14
- Math Help (Mathpower.com - Freedman)
Provides articles on dealing with anxiety, taking notes, learning your own learning style, and more.
- Math Questions and Answers for High School Students (Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math)
Includes key questions asked by high school students. Arranged by topic.
- Math Questions and Answers for Middle School Students (Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math)
Includes key questions asked by middle school students. Arranged by topic.
- Math Tables and Formulas (Math2.org)
Provides references and resources by math topic.
- Mathematicians by Date or Alphabetical (University of St. Andrews, Scotland)
Provides a short biographies of great mathematicians, by date of birth or by last name.
- National Council of the Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM.org)
"The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics is a public voice of mathematics education, providing vision, leadership and professional development to support teachers in ensuring equitable mathematics learning of the highest quality for all students."
- Preparing Students for College Math (Education Northwest)
"A major challenge facing students as they pursue a postsecondary degree is a lack of academic preparedness for college-level math, evidenced by high rates of referral to developmental math and low rates of college math completion. This study by Education Northwest’s Michelle Hodara reviews rigorous research on the interventions and reforms that postsecondary institutions currently employ to address academic underpreparedness in math and to foster college math success. The interventions and reforms fall under three strategies: (1) intervening prematriculation with early assessment programs, bridges, boot camps, and brush-ups; (2) reforming developmental math; and (3) improving math instruction. While the evidence is limited, many of these interventions appear promising."
- Timeline of Math and Theoretical Physics (Schwartz)
Provides a history, starting 3,500 years ago.
- Trebuchets - Ancient Rock Hurlers (Miners)
Describes ancient trebuchets, ancient rock hurlers. Trebuchets require math skills to make accurate throws.
- Women - Biographies of Women Mathematicians (Riddle)
Provides biographies in alphabetical order and by time period.
- Analysis of a Bicycle (Lutus)
Provides how fast a bicycle will go with different gearing, wheel diameter, and pedal speeds.
- By Topic (AAA Math - Banfill)
Provides interactive practice for many topics in math, listed by topic or grade level.
- Games - Mancala Mathematics Game
"Mancala games are among those ancient games that last and last because the rules to play are simple, but the subtleties of winning take a long time to master."
- Games to Learn Math Fundamentals (Conway)
Provides 16 games.
- Icosahedron - A Teacher's Guide to Building a Icosahedron
Provides a guide.
- Math Activities (Shodor Foundation)
Provides interactive problems, with graphics.
- Math Projects and Resources (Cut-the-Knot.com)
Provides games, projects, and sources of information designed to challenge the student in math.
- Math Resources - Advanced (Weisstein and Wolfram Research)
Provides a comprehensive set of advanced resources in math.
- MathMagic (Math Forum)
- Origami Diagrams (Plank)
Provides origami diagrams for geometric shapes.
- Patterns of Life Growth - The Game of Life (Callahan)
Provides activities around the patterns of life growth and John Conway's Game of Life. 1-01
- Trebuchets - Ancient Rock Hurlers - How to Build (Miners)
Describes how trebuchets, ancient rock hurlers, are built. Requires math skills to make one that is accurate.
- Critical Thinking Rubric Assessments (California Academic Press)
Provides test to assess critical thinking skills. Awesome Library does not endorse this product but provides it as an example.
- -Common Core Math Standards (CoreStandards.org)
- Math Worksheet Generator (MathFactCafe.com)
Provides an online form for generating your own printable math worksheets.