- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Depression Resources (Ivan)
Provides sources of information on depression by category. Also includes a search engine. 8-01
- Depression in Children and Adolescents (Ivan) 8-01
- Bipolar Disorder and Employment Discrimination (Health.com)
"Rights for people with mental disability can be a nightmare for lawyers, as well." 03-11
- Depression (Healthopedia.com)
Provides detailed information, listed by condition. 8-04
- Mental Health Disorders (American Psychiatric Association)
Provides professional practice guidelines for treatment of 10 mental health disorders. Includes diagnostic information for eating disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, delirium, panic disorder, schizophrenia, nicotine dependence, substance abuse, dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and more. 1-01
- Signals of Trouble (CBS News)
"What are some of the warning signs that someone in your life might snap and be capable of acts of violence?"
"1) Notice or look for someone who becomes more withdrawn from others -- friends, family, co-workers."
"2) They begin to lose interest in their usual activities: They stop exercising, listening to music, going to work -- the things that mattered most to them, no longer matter."
"3) They are always complaining about the unfairness of it all, ill-treatment by others, etc. Today, they often post things on the Web (as Hasan may have). People provide warnings -- verbal or written complaints about the hopelessness of the world."
"4) They begin to have frequent interpersonal conflicts with others. They become more tense and prone to feeling insulted or slighted."
"5) Look for signs that they are making plans for the end (Hasan apparently cleaned out his apartment recently). They give away treasured objects, close bank accounts, etc." 6-05
- Symptoms of Depression (RevolutionHealth.com)
"Two hallmarks of depression - symptoms key to establishing a diagnosis - are:"
* Loss of interest in normal daily activities. You lose interest in or pleasure from activities that you used to enjoy.
* Depressed mood. You feel sad, helpless or hopeless, and may have crying spells." 08-07
© 1996 - 2013 EDI and Dr. R. Jerry Adams