- Anxiety Disorders
- Articles on Bipolar Disorder (Health.com)
Provides a dozen articles. 03-11
- Bipolar Affective Disorder (American Psychiatric Association)
Provides professional practice guidelines for treatment and includes diagnostic information. 1-01
- Bipolar Affective Disorder in Teens (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry)
Provides families with information on manic-depressive illness in teens.
- Bipolar Disorder and Employment Discrimination (Health.com)
"Rights for people with mental disability can be a nightmare for lawyers, as well." 03-11
- Prescriptions for Bipolar Disorder (Health.com)
"Medicines, when taken regularly as prescribed, can help control bipolar mood swings. Although your family doctor can prescribe medicines to treat bipolar disorder, you will probably be referred to a psychiatrist, who is trained specifically to treat mental disorders."
"Mood stabilizers, such as lithium, are usually prescribed first to treat mania and to prevent the return of both manic and depressive episodes." 03-11