Acquired Savant Syndrome
- Brain Injury Resources (Brain Injury Association)
Provides resources for those interested in traumatic brain injury. 11-99
- -03-01-09 Armless Pilot Finds Opportunities (CNN News)
"Even though she was born without arms, Jessica Cox never says 'can't.' "
"Not only has she mastered flying with her feet, but she also earned a black belt in tae kwon do and can legally drive a car." 03-09
- -03-18-07 "Tough" Guys May Heal Faster (MSNBC News)
"The annual incidence of traumatic brain injuries in the United States is greater than that of all cancers, Good writes in his study, and men account for three-quarters of such injuries. The number will increase if the Iraq war continues, he said."
"But, men who focused on their careers, success, power and competition reported better relations in their community. These same participants showed greater improvement a year after their hospitalization." 03-07
- -03-19-09 Richardson's Death and Head Injury (MSNBC News)
"Coderre said victims of head trauma often believe they are fine, a mistake that can cost them their lives." Provides a video on how a bump to the head can lead to death. 03-09
- Man "Rewires" Own Brain: A First (USA Today)
"Doctors have their first proof that a man who was barely conscious for nearly 20 years regained speech and movement because his brain spontaneously rewired itself by growing tiny new nerve connections to replace the ones sheared apart in a car crash." 07-06
- Managing Finances After Brain Injury (CreditCards.com)
Suggests tools for helping to manage finances after brain injury.