Health and Happiness
- Data for the USA
- Family Safety
- Human Anatomy
- Physical Education
- Health Lessons (Awesome Library)
Health lessons are provided in "Lessons and Curricula" in the Awesome Library.
- Health and Wellness Resources (Health World)
- Search Engine (Search.com)
Provides searches. 10-09
- Health Quizzes (ivillage.com)
Provides quizzes about health conditions.
- CNN Food and Health News
- Ten Questions to Ask Your Doctor (AHRQ.gov)
"You can improve your care and the care of your loved ones by taking an active role in your health care. Ask questions. Understand your condition. Evaluate your options." 11-09
- Asthma and School (National Heart. Blood, and Lung Institute)
Provides a questionnaire to help schools prevent asthma related problems or emergencies in children. 11-99
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - CPR
- Exercise - Calories Burned During Exercise
This site offers you a comprehensive look at how many calories you burn at different body weights doing different activities.
- Health and Medical Information (Healthfinder)
Rated the number three education site by Web 100. Provides information on diseases, health, nutrition, prevention, and more. Also provides information by interest group.
- How to Have a Healthy Heart (Franklin Institute) 12-03
- Immunization Guide (CDC)
Provides a guide to immunizations, including a guide to different shots and a schedule for immunizations.
- Immunization Recommendations for Babies (Immunization Action Coalition)
Provides recommendations for vaccinations.
- Preventing Tobacco Use (CDC)
- Road Rage Prevention (Adams)
Provides suggestions on how to handle road rage and prevent injury from others.
- Weight Management
- Assess Your Disease Risk (YourDiseaseRisk.Harvard.edu)
Provides a questionnaire to assess your disease risk. Includes advise on how to prevent each disease.