Terms: Learning Disabilities
Matches: 37 Displayed: 20
- Special Education > Learning Disabilities > Learning Disabilities
- Special Education > Developmental Disabilities > Autism > Treatment
- Special Education > Developmental Disabilities > Rights
- Special Education > Developmental Disabilities > Developmental Disabilities
- Counselor > Colleges and Universities > Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Resources (University of Washington - Do-It) 8-00
- Learning Disabilities (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry)
Provides basic suggestions.
- Teens and Learning Disabilities (Teens vs Dyslexia)
- Learning Disabilities Resources (WETA - LDOnLine)
Provides articles on learning disabilities for parents, teachers, and children. Children, teachers and parents contribute to the publication.
- Learning Disabilities Resources (LD Resources - Wanderman)
Provides articles and resources in areas of importance for students with learning disabilities.
- Council of Educators for Students With Disabilities (CESD)
Provides articles and announcements of events related to teachers and school administrators of students qualifying under IDEA or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Formerly TACHO. 6-99
- Diagnosis of Learning Disabilities by Age Level (Learning Network - McGaffigan)
Provides general warning signals for the possibility of learning disabilities for early years, as well as elementary, middle, and high school levels. 4-01
- College and Disabilities
- Bellefonds Training for Learning Disabilities (InteliHealth.com)
"Therapists call it 'aerobics for the brain' - repetitive auditory, visual or tactile exercises designed to help restructure and reconnect various brain pathways to knowledge. The goal is to create a permanent fix for many learning disabilities." 6-02
- Learning Disabilities News and Articles (National Center for Learning Disabilities)
Provides news, a screening to for young children, facts, and more.
- Compensation Strategies for Students With Learning Disabilities (Davidson Institute for Talent Development - Reis, McGuire, and Neu)
Summarizes findings from research on successful college students who had high ability and learning disabilities. Discusses their compensation strategies. 10-02
- Learning Disabilities - Latest Research and Strategies (NWREL)
"An overview of the latest research on learning disabilities sheds new light on the neurological clues that help explain dyslexia and other learning problems, and suggests promising strategies for parents and teachers." 6-03
- Finding Affordable Online Colleges for Students With Disabilities (AffordableCollegesOnline.org)
" In 2013, seven million colleges students — nearly 50 percent of all those enrolled — took at least one online class, with an estimated 20 percent earning an entire degree program remotely. The Sloan Consortium reports that 74 percent of today’s academic leaders rate the educational outcomes of online learning as equal to or superior to those of face-to-face systems. More recruiters than ever before are embracing online credentials." Allows you to search by degree level, state, category, or subject. Provides a guide for students with disabilities.
- Learning Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities - Teaching College Students With Learning Disabilities (Learning Disabilities Online)
Provides resources to help college teachers work more effectively with students with learning disabilities. 5-02
- High Levels of Mercury Found in Fish (Fox News)
"The federal government advises pregnant women, nursing mothers and young children to avoid fish with high levels of mercury — shark, swordfish, king mackerel or tilefish. Elevated mercury levels have been linked to learning disabilities and developmental delays in children and to heart, nervous system and kidney damage in adults."
"A supermarket industry group said it was not surprised by the survey, because swordfish and tuna are known to have higher levels of mercury. Many stores already offer brochures or have signs, the group said." 9-05
- Court Ruling Helps Special-Needs Students (U.S. News)
"The case before the court involved a struggling Oregon high school student, identified in court documents only as T.A., who was found ineligible for special-education services in the Forest Grove district after school officials evaluated him for learning disabilities. His parents removed him from public school in his junior year and enrolled him in a $5,200-a-month residential school. Only after T.A. enrolled in the private school did doctors say he suffered from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other disabilities."
"The crux of the case was whether a 1997 amendment to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, or IDEA, prohibits students from receiving private-school tuition reimbursement if they never enrolled in special-education services in a public school. The high court's ruling makes it clear that it does not." 07-09
- Special Education (General)
- School Psychology Resources
"Research learning disabilities, ADHD, functional behavioral assessment, autism, adolescence, parenting, psychological assessment, special education, mental retardation, mental health, and more." 10-09
- Education Articles (Kid Source)
Provides articles related to education and includes learning disabilities, preschool, homeschooling, ADD, and more.