- Eclampsia from Pregnancy (CNN News)
"Preeclampsia is typically treated with magnesium sulfate, as it has been proven to be extremely effective at preventing eclampsia from occurring, said Dr. Jim Martin, a member of the foundation's medical board and immediate past president of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists."
- Pregnancy and Parenting Search (applesforhealth)
Provides over 2,500 links and resources for pregnant women and parents.
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Resources (Campaign for Our Children)
- -02-19-06 Great-Grandmother Gives Birth (CBS News)
"A 62-year-old great-grandmother has become one of the oldest women in the world to successfully give birth." 02-06
- Prenatal Smoking Linked to Genetic Defects (JoinTogether.org)
"Smoking during pregnancy can damage the chromosomes of the developing fetus, putting the child at increased risk of certain cancers and other problems, Reuters reported March 8." 3-05
- Smoking During Pregnancy Increases ADHD Risk (CBS News)
"Women who smoke during pregnancy may be twice as likely to give birth to a child with behavioral problems like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)." 8-05
- Study: Milk "Essential" During Pregnancy (TimesOnline.co.uk)
"Women who don’t drink enough milk during pregnancy — perhaps to limit weight gain or because of concerns about allergies — may stunt their babies’ growth in the womb, research suggests." 9-05