- Central America
- South America
- Hunger - Lessons on Ending World Hunger (Future Harvest)
Provides lesson plans by grade level in Spanish to help students understand what is needed to help end world hunger. 10-01
- Paso Partners
For K-3 learners of English to help with learning science and math.
- Spanish Lessons (Spanish Learning Resources)
Provides online tutorials on 55 topics. educacion 12-99
- Spanish Resources for Math 1 (Math Forum)
Provides math resources and lesson plans in Spanish. educacion.
- Spanish Resources for Math 2 (Math Forum)
Provides math resources and lesson plans in Spanish.
- -Awesome Library in Spanish (Espanol - La biblioteca impresionante)
Provides the entire Awesome Library in Spanish. La biblioteca impresionante ordena su exploracion del World Wide Web con 28.000 recursos cuidadosamente repasados. Proporciona a la biblioteca impresionante entera en espanol. educacion
- Latin America (Netpoint Communications)
- Latin American Resources (University of Texas)
- Translations Search (Internet Oracle)
Provides seven language translators, as well as additional translation dictionaries. The fourth listing provides the most complete word translations.
- Yahoo Directory and Search Engine in Spanish (Espanol) educacion
- -Online Translator (WorldLingo.com)
Provides online translations between English, Greek, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Russian, and Japanese for up to 150 words. 04-08
- -See and Hear Web Pages in Spanish or English (Awesome Library)
Awesome Talkster allows you to hear Web pages. You can set the voice to Spanish and start with www.awesomelibrary.org/espanol.html to see and hear the Web in Spanish. By adding a voice to Web pages, children and teens can learn to pronounce words as they read them. Awesome Talkster includes an animated character, providing synchronized highlighting so that children can follow along even more easily. This multi-sensory approach is a powerful method for improving reading skills. Online books for children and teens to practice their reading skills are available in the Awesome Library. 1-03
- English to Spanish Dictionary educacion
- Multilingual Text-to-Speech Engines (Microsoft)
Provides free programs that convert online text to speech in Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, Italian, and British English. The free voice engines vary in their quality. Some are not very good. For instance, the Korean voice does not seem to recognize the Korean fonts. The Spanish voice, however, reads text written in Spanish in an understandable way. Requires software to connect the voice programs with a browser. Such a program is available for free here. 9-02
- Spanish to English Dictionary
- Spelling Checker Dictionary (LookWayUp.com)
Checks for proper spelling and corrects spelling. Provides definitions for correctly spelled words. Also translates to Spanish. 9-04
- Spelling Checker Online (Teragram Corp)
Provides a spelling checker for Web pages or individual words, in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian. 6-00
- Spelling Checker for English, Spanish, Italian, French, and Portuguese (SpellOnline.com)
Checks for proper spelling and suggests correct spelling. 7-02
- Pronunciation of Spanish (fonetiks.org)
Provides the pronunciation of words, as well as a dictionary. Click on the dialect, sound, or language of interest and a box will open. On some browsers, you will hear the sound by just moving your mouse over the word. For other browsers, each sound will need to load before the program will begin and each sound must be approved (by clicking) before it will download. Watch for the "done" message at the bottom of the small box that opens to download the sounds. 4-01.
- -News of Mexico in Spanish (Google News)
Provides news in Spanish.
- Directory En Espanol (Yahoo)
Provides the Yahoo directory in Spanish. educacion 11-01
- News En Espanol (CNN)
Provides CNN news in Spanish. educacion 1-00
- News in Spanish (BBC News)
Provides news in Spanish.
- News in Spanish - ABC
Provides a newspaper from Madrid in Spanish. educacion
- Fonts - How to Include Accent Marks (Everything2.com)
Provides instructions for adding accent marks using HTML code. 03-06
- Hispanic Foods (SpanishSupermarket.com)
Provides ingredients for Spanish recipes in Spanish. 7-01
- Marijuana - En Espanol - Just for Teens (NIDA)
Provides facts about the effects of marijuana.
- Spanish Encyclopedia (Wikipedia.org)
Provides over 10,000 articles in the language. 12-04