Terms: Muscular Dystrophy
Matches: 10 Displayed: 10
- Special Education > Developmental Disabilities > Muscular Dystrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy - Diagnosis and Treatment (National Institute of Neurology)
"There is no specific treatment for any of the forms of MD. Respiratory therapy, physical therapy to prevent painful muscle contractures, orthopedic appliances used for support, and corrective orthopedic surgery may be needed to improve the quality of life in some cases."
"Myotonia is usually treated with medications such as mexiletine, phenytoin, or quinine." 7-04
- Muscular Dystrophy - Research and Support (Muscular Dystrophy Campaign)
"The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign is the only UK charity focusing on all muscular dystrophies and allied disorders."
"It has pioneered the search for treatments and cures for over 40 years and provides practical, medical and emotional support to people affected by the condition." 7-04
- Muscular Dystrophy - Definition (KidsHealth.org)
"Muscular dystrophy (say: mus-kyoo-lur dis-troh-fee) is a disease in which the muscles of the body get weaker and weaker and slowly stop working." 7-04
- Muscular Dystrophy - Resources (Medline Plus)
Provides dozens of links by topic. 7-04
- Muscular Dystrophies - Descriptions (MDAUSA.org)
Provides descriptions and summaries of the nine dystrophies. 7-04
- Muscular Dystrophy in Teens (KidsHealth.org)
Describes the more common forms of muscular dystrophy that may affect teens. 7-04
- Muscular Dystrophy - Diagnosis (1800wheelchair.ca)
Presents the various types of muscular dystrophy. 09-11
- Stepanek, Mattie - Poems and Thoughts (MyHero.com)
"Young Poet and Peacemaker Hero Mattie Stepanek passed away on the morning of June 22, 2004 [at the age of 13 years old]. Mattie’s poems of peace and hope have touched millions of lives, his heartsongs will continue to reach people of all ages around the world for decades to come."
A sample of Mattie's work is "Facing the Future":
Every journey begins With but a small step.
And every day is a chance
For a new, small step
In the right direction.
Just follow your Heartsong. 6-04
- 101 Hints for "Help-With-Ease" for Persons with Neuromuscular Disorders (MDAUSA.org)
Provides tips. 7-04