Back to Top
When you have more than 50 Matches, go to Categories to see the rest.
- Just for Teens - Teen Trek (Weekly Reader)
- Law-Related Education (Teens, Crime and the Community)
Provides training and projects for teens to actively lead in reducing crime. Created by the National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) and Street Law, Inc. (formerly the National Institute for Citizen Education in the Law), TCC is a joint initiative currently funded on the national level by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, Department of Justice. Law Related Education. 07-06
- Marijuana - En Espanol - Just for Teens (NIDA)
Provides facts about the effects of marijuana.
- TeenInk - By and For Teens (21st Century)
Provides articles and reviews of interest to teens. 3-01
- Christian - For Kids and Teens (Christian Links for Kids and Teens - Belleville)
Provides devotional activities, services, games, and other resources to help kids and teens practice their Christian faith. 7-00
- Christian - For Teens and Their Parents (About.com - Hill)
Provides activities, services, and other resources to help teens and their parents practice their Christian faith. 7-00
- Booklists for Teens (Internet Public Library)
Provides sources of lists of books. 12-04.
- Views of Teens - From Britain and Italy (McNeil-Lehrer Productions)
Provides views of teens about the presidential election of 2000 in the United States and their own countries. Also describes elections in Britain and Italy. 11-00
- Explaining War to Teens (Edu-Leadership.com)
Provides one parent's attempt to talk to his teens about war and its justification. 7-01
- Teens - Organizations for Peace (Idealist)
Action Without Borders includes volunteer opportunities for teens from among 14,000 organizations devoted to world peace.
- How Children and Teens Can Help With the September 11th Disaster (Red Cross)
Provides specific ways children and teens can help families of those affected by the September 11th disaster. Also called 911, 9-11, or 9/11.9-01
- How Children and Teens Have Helped With the September 11th Disaster (Red Cross)
Provides stories of young people contributing to help families of those affected by the September 11th disaster. Also called 911, 9-11, or 9/11. 9-01
- Teens Help
- Books for Children and Teens (Children's Literature Web Guide - Brown)
Provides an alphabetic list of classics available online, by author. 11-01
- For More Teens, Jesus is "Cool" (ABC News)
" 'It goes back to the roots of Christianity … how to make faith relevant within the context of capitalism,' said Lynn Schofield-Clark, an assistant research professor at the University of Colorado's School of Journalism and Mass Communication who studies youth culture, marketing and religion."
"Chanon Ross is a youth minister in Naperville, Ill., a suburb of Chicago, who recently wrote an article called 'Jesus Is Not Cool.' He says that all the focus on fun and games waters down the real message — and hard work — of following a faith." 10-05
- Evangelical Leaders Concerned About Losing Teens (New York Times)
"Despite their packed megachurches, their political clout and their increasing visibility on the national stage, evangelical Christian leaders are warning one another that their teenagers are abandoning the faith in droves." 10-06
- -06-12-07 Cheap, Deadly Form of Heroin Aimed at Teens (CNN News)
"A cheap, highly addictive drug known as 'cheese heroin' has killed 21 teenagers in the Dallas area over the past two years, and authorities say they are hoping they can stop the fad before it spreads across the nation."
" 'Cheese heroin' is a blend of so-called black tar Mexican heroin and crushed over-the-counter medications that contain the antihistamine diphenhydramine, found in products such as Tylenol PM, police say. The sedative effects of the heroin and the nighttime sleep aids make for a deadly brew." 06-07
- Teens Help Soldiers Call Home (USA Today)
"At the holidays, for a soldier at war, there's nothing like a phone call home. Brittany and Robbie Bergquist have provided more than $1.4 million worth of them — 24 million precious minutes." 11-07
- -02-15-09 Preventing Diabetes in Teens (U.S. News)
"This has to be one of the saddest statistics ever printed in a medical journal: The number of American children taking medication for type 2 diabetes more than doubled from 2002 to 2005, particularly among teenagers. That may be partly because more children are being screened for diabetes or because drugs are more often being used to treat metabolic syndrome. But the recent rise in childhood obesity is the obvious first suspect because overweight and obese children are more than twice as likely as their normal-weight peers to develop the disease." 02-09
- For Many Teens, Hello Is Hugging (New York Times)
"A measure of how rapidly the ritual [of hugging] is spreading is that some students complain of peer pressure to hug to fit in. And schools from Hillsdale, N.J., to Bend, Ore., wary in a litigious era about sexual harassment or improper touching — or citing hallway clogging and late arrivals to class — have banned hugging or imposed a three-second rule." 05-09
- Study: Cognitive Behavior Therapy Can Prevent Depression in Teens (U.S. News)
"After six months, the teens who had been in the therapy groups were less likely to have become depressed (21.4 percent vs. 32.7 percent). The therapy was most effective in preventing depression in children whose parent wasn’t depressed at the time (11.7 percent vs. 40.5 percent); its benefit disappeared if a parent of the child was depressed. Proof, if any is needed, that parents’ behavior has a huge influence on their children’s health and behavior, even when they’re teenagers."
"In cognitive therapy, a person learns to:
Distinguish between thoughts and feelings.
Become aware of how thoughts can influence feelings in ways that sometimes are not helpful.
Learn about thoughts that seem to occur automatically and how they can affect emotions.
Evaluate critically whether these 'automatic' thoughts and assumptions are accurate or perhaps biased.
Develop the skills to notice, interrupt, and correct these biased thoughts." 06-09
- Teens Create "Free Department Store" (Time.com)
"With the help of an army of volunteers, Zoe Bairs and Samantha Zabell set up the Fairhill Center in Cleveland with all the donated clothes they've collected, then let the children shop like they are in a department store." 08-09
- Councilman's Plea for Teens (CBS News)
"An openly gay Fort Worth, Texas city councilman says a dramatic speech he gave this week -- a video of which has gone viral and been viewed more than a half-million times on YouTube - has kept some gay teens who are being bullied from committing suicide." 10-10
- Teens and Learning Disabilities (Teens vs Dyslexia)
- Self-Help Books for Kids and Teens (Free Spirit Publishing)
- Surgery for Teens With Cleft Lip or Palate (Samizdat Express - Milliken)
Describes issues and surgery that may be conducted for teens with a cleft lip or palate. 8-00
- AIDS Hits Teens Hardest (McNeil-Lehrer Productions - Kovac)
Provides statistics on AIDS worldwide and discusses why AIDS has become such a large problem with teens in the USA. 12-00
- Current Events for Kids and Teens
- Questions About Medications for Teens and Children (CBS News)
"Most medications for mental illness have been approved for adults only. But they're also being used to treat kids. Because the long-term effects on children (particularly a developing brain) are still unclear, the medical community is torn."10-03
- Muscular Dystrophy in Teens (KidsHealth.org)
Describes the more common forms of muscular dystrophy that may affect teens. 7-04
- Vaccine Can Eradicate Cervical Cancer--If Given to Teens (CBS News)
"Many doctors say that if Gardasil is approved and given to millions of young women, the vaccine could not only virtually eradicate cervical cancer, it could also mean women no longer need frequent Pap smears to detect the cancer and could save billions of dollars spent treating the disease." 05-06
- Considerations in Plastic Surgery for Teens (U.S. News)
"U.S. News & World Report asked Richard D'Amico, president of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, what families should consider when deciding whether to take the plunge." 07-08
- Teaching Teens With Autism to Make Friends (U.S. News)
"Parents of the teenagers take separate classes in which they learn how to support their child's social efforts and help with "homework." At the end of 12 weeks, 33 teenagers ages 13 to 17 who participated in a study group were having more peer interactions outside of school and had increased the number of get-togethers they hosted. Their parents reported a significant increase in the children's social skills, and both parents and children reported better friendships, compared with a control group of teens who did not attend the classes." 04-09
- Homework Help for Teens (IPL) 12-04
- Teens: Alcohol and Other Drugs (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry)
Provides basic suggestions.
- Teens Web Sites (Teacher Talk Forum)
Provides a couple of dozen sites, most of which were designed for teens. 11-01
- Career Exploration for Teens
- Teens - Just for Teens
- Jobs, Careers, and College - Just for Teens (Hansen)
Provides assistance with job hunting, cover letters, job related resources, local area resources, and more.
- Prevention for Teens (Texas Youth Commission)
- Marijuana - Just for Teens (NIDA)
Provides facts about the effects of marijuana.
- Homeless Teens (StandUp for Kids)
Provides opportunities for volunteering to help homeless teens. Listings are by state. 10-99
- Graduated Licensing for Teens (Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety)
Describes one proposed solution for reducing traffic accidents, creating a longer process for teens to gain a driver's license. 4-03
- Teens and Kids - Rate Movies (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
Provides two worksheets for rating the "smokiness" of a movie. 6-00
- Teens and Kids - Movie Facts (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
Provides facts about how movies promote smoking without using ads. 6-00
- Christian - For Teens and Their Parents (About.com - Hill)
Provides activities, services, and other resources to help teens and their parents practice their Christian faith. 10-09
- Anti-Tobacco Products for Teens (Generation Truth)
Provides mugs, T-shirts, and posters to help combat tobacco use by teens. 9-00
- Safety Suggestions for Teens (KidsHealth.org)
Discusses safety related to tanning, dates, drugs, abuse, bicycles, tobacco, and more. 3-01
- Worker Rights - For Teens (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
Provides examples of dangerous situations for teens. Also summarizes laws that protect the rights of teens who work. 7-01
- Books Written for Teens (Amazon.com)
Provides bestsellers, award winners, and classics written for teens. 1-02
Send comments to
[Dr. Jerry Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.]