Back to Top
When you have more than 50 Matches, go to Categories to see the rest.
- -Organizations for Peace (Idealist)
Action Without Borders includes a searchable listing of 14,000 organizations devoted to world peace.
- Native American Organizations (Southeastern Oklahoma State University)
Provides links to hundreds of Native American organizations. 10-00
- Programs, Organizations, and Documents for Multicultural Health (Office of Minority Health Resource Center)
Provides a directory and a search engine for multicultural health. Results of searches include abstracts or summaries of documents rather than the full documents 2-01
- Vegetarian Organizations (GreenPeople.org)
Provides listings of vegetarian organizations. 11-00.
- Organizations and Projects tto Support the Enviroment (EcoFuture.org)
Provides a listing of over 100 organizations involved with improving the environment. 1-01
- Teens - Organizations for Peace (Idealist)
Action Without Borders includes volunteer opportunities for teens from among 14,000 organizations devoted to world peace.
- Assessments of Nonprofit Organizations (Give.org)
Provides comprehensive information on organizations so you can determine if they are suitable for donations. 11-01
- Standards for Nonprofit Organizations (Council of Better Business Bureaus)
"The Council of Better Business Bureaus believes that adherence to these standards by soliciting organizations will inspire public confidence, further the growth of public participation in philanthropy, and advance the objectives of responsible private initiative and self-regulation." 11-01
- Assessments of Nonprofit Organizations - Top Rated (CharityWatch.org)
Provides a grade for the top rated organizations in of the major areas of giving. The categories include Abortion and Family Planning, Hispanic, African-American, Homelessness and Housing, Aids, Human Rights, American Indian, Human Services, Animal Protection, Hunger, Asia and Asian-American, International Relief and Development, Blind and Visually-Impaired, Jewish and Israel, Cancer, Literacy, Child Protection, Mental Health and Retardation, Child Sponsorship, Peace and International Relations, Civil Rights and Advocacy, Population Planning, Consumer Protection and Legal Aid, Public Policy, Crime Prevention, Terminally Ill, Disabled, Veterans and Military, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Women's Rightts, Environment, Youth Development, Gun Control (Pro and Con), Youth-Residential Care, and Health-General. 11-01
- Assessments of Nonprofit Organizations - Criteria (CharityWatch.org)
Suggests criteria for assessing an organization for worthiness of donations. 11-01
- Waste - Recycling Organizations and Campaigns Globally (GrassRoots Recycling Network)
Provides resources on "zero waste" by region and country. 1-02
- Organizations for Preventing Conflict and Warfare (Forum on Early Warning and Early Response)
Provides organizations by region. 1-02
- Cultural Competence - Assessment Tools for Organizations (National Center for Cultural Competence)
Provides a list of assessment tools, contacts, and objectives for each. Does not include the tools themselves or Web links to the tools. 3-02
- Cultural Competence - Assessment Tool for Organizations (National Center for Cultural Competence)
Provides a self-assessment tool for an organization's cultural competence. 3-02
- Peace Organizations (WorkablePeace.org)
Provides information about "about youth and adults in the United States and around the world who are working to build communities of peace and reconciliation." 11-02
- International Development and Humanitarian Organizations (Interaction)
"InterAction is the largest alliance of U.S.-based international development and humanitarian nongovernmental organizations." List key organizations providing assistance in each global campaign.
- Peace Organizations (CenterforPeaceThroughCulture.org)
Describes several dozen sites that promote peace and cultural understanding. Also provides a "banner for peace," literature related to peace, projects that promote peace, and more. 10-03
- Anti-War Organizations (Guardian Unlimited)
Provides over 200 British anti-war organizations. 9-04
- Caving Organizations (CavingIntro.net)
"While caving is usually done in small groups, there are many benefits to belonging to an organized caving group. Most caving organizations provide resources such as newsletters and libraries, activities such as regular meetings and regional caving events, and opportunities to join other cavers on trips and projects. These organizations are usually the best place to meet experienced cavers who can provide information on cave locations and training in basic and advanced caving techniques." 6-05
- -10-08-06 Employees Have Few Rights in Religious Organizations (New York Times)
"Legislators and regulators are not the only people in government who have drafted special rules for religious organizations. Judges, too, have carved out or preserved safe havens that shield religious employers of all faiths from most employee lawsuits, from laws protecting pensions and providing unemployment benefits, and from laws that give employees the right to form unions to negotiate with their employers." 10-06
- Climate Change Organizations
- Search for Nonprofit Organizations Worldwide (Idealist.org)
- Organizations Related to Blindness Services and Education (New York Insititute for Special Education)
Provides over 100 organizations related to blindness.
- Nonprofit Organizations Seeking Volunteers Search (Impact Online)
Helps volunteers find nonprofit organizations by geographical area and issue through VolunteerMatch.
- Organizations Related to Aging (Administration on Aging)
"On a two-day visit to Iraq, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) declared after a short walk in a market that Baghdad was becoming safer under a new security plan. But after his departure, Iraqi merchants and U.S. military officials said his upbeat assessment is far from the reality they experience every day." 04-07
- 08-18-07 Finding Organizations Originating Anonymous Wikipedia Edits (Wikiscanner)
Helps link Wikipedia edits and some organizations. 08-07
- A Discussion of Learning Organizations (Learning-org.com)
"A 'Learning Organization' is one in which people at all levels, individually and collectively, are continually increasing their capacity to produce results they really care about." 10-09
- HIV and AIDS Support Organizations (Yahoo)
Provides over 100 organizations that support people with HIV or AIDS.
- Christian Organizations and Denominations and Christianity
- Organizations Looking for Youth (WePrevent)
Provides an annotated list of eight organizations that want young volunteers.
- Education Organizations (U.S. Department of Education)
Provides a searchable list of 2,400 resource organizations in the field of education. 7-00
- Voting for Small Organizations (Votenet.com)
Provides for online voting for a small organization. 8-05
- Research on Emotional Intelligence (Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations)
Provides articles related to research on emotional intelligence. 3-02
- Web Site Providers (BudgetWeb)
Provides over 200 organizations with hosting services and includes a table of rates and features. Editor's Note - Please see our comments under Web Hosting Reviews by Users. 09-09
- Sports Resources (Sports Media)
Provides resources in education, organizations, guides, research, software, and more.
- Climate Action Network (CAN)
CAN is an organization of 269 environmental organizations from around the world who are working together to be more effective in reducing the greenhouse effect. 11-99
- School Websites in the USA - Find (myschoolonline.com)
Provides links to school websites by state and community. Also provides information on state and local education organizations, such as PTA's. 3-00
- Finding Web Consultants (Guru.com)
Provides a matching service between organizations needing qualified professionals and professionals looking for projects.
- -Contact Information for Native Tribes of the USA and Canada (First Nations)
Provides an alphabetical listing of tribes, along with their contact information. Includes federally recognized tribes, state recognized tribes, and Native organizations without federal or state recognition. 9-05
- Ethics - Bioethics Resources (National Institutes of Health)
Provides articles and organizations addressing bioethics as it relates to biotechnology. 2-01
- Alternative Energy Resources (Solar Energy International)
Provides organizations, events, and news sources related to sustainable energy sources that are alternatives to fossil fuels.
- Toolkit for Cross-Cultural Communication (Elliot, Adams, and Sockalingam)
Provides results from research and focus groups to improve communication across cultures. Found very large differences in "expectations, styles, assumptions, values, body language, and privilege" between Anglo or European Americans and other ethnic groups. Suggests ways to improve communication and collaboration at an individual level and for organizations. 5-01
- Congress - News and Issues (Congress.org)
Provides news. Also provides information on issues through links to organizations advocating for their views to be supported by Congress. 6-01
- Donations by Type (Washington Post)
Provides a listing of organizations that can receive donations to help with the September 11th disaster relief. Also called 911, 9-11, or 9/11. 9-01
- Count of Presidential Votes in Florida - Florida Ballots Project (National Organization for Research)
"A group of the largest news organizations in the United States selected NORC to provide the definitive picture of the Florida ballots in the uncertified presidential election of November 2000." Provides information on the process used to count votes to determine who would have won the election if all votes had been counted. Statistically, the election was a tie or inconclusive because of the small percent of difference in results. 11-01
- Bicycle Advocacy (CarFree.com)
Provides sources of information and organizations that advocate for the use of bikes instead of cars. 2-01
- Providers of Web Site Registration Services (Internic.net)
Provides a list of organizations that are authorized to register new Web sites or renew Web site registrations. 7-02
- Formative Leadership (MiddleWeb.com - Ash and Persall)
"In the information economy, most successful organizations must be knowledge-based, value-added enterprises. Such an environment requires schools to be true learning organizations where students are engaged in challenging and interesting academic work and where teachers and administrators are collaboratively involved in learning about the most effective instructional strategies and technologies."
"Leadership is not role-specific, reserved only for administrators. Rather the job of the school leader is to fashion learning opportunities for the faculty and staff in order that they might develop into productive leaders. This theory of leadership supports our view of the teacher as leader and the principal as the leader of leaders. It is grounded in the belief that educators should enhance not only student learning but also the learning of the adults within the school." 7-02
- Win Without War (Worldwide Faith News - United Methodist News Service)
Describes a coalition of "mainstream" organizations commited to the USA taking a path to promote peace instead of war.
- Win Without War (National Council of Churches News Service)
"A broad coalition of leaders of religious and civic organizations announced here today the launching of a movement titled 'Keep America Safe: Win Without War.'"
" 'We are patriotic Americans who share the belief that Saddam Hussein cannot be allowed to possess weapons of mass destruction. We support rigorous UN weapons inspections to assure Iraq's effective disarmament.' "
" 'We believe that a preemptive military invasion of Iraq will harm American national interests. Unprovoked war will increase human suffering, arouse animosity toward our country, increase the likelihood of terrorist attacks, damage the economy and undermine our moral standing in the world. It will make us less, not more, secure.' "
" 'We reject the doctrine -- a reversal of long-held American tradition - that our country, alone, has the right to launch first-strike attacks. America is not that kind of country.' "
"Founding members include the National Council of Churches, Business Leaders for Sensible Priorities, the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, Move On, the National Organization for Women, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Rainbow Push Coalition, Sojourners, Women’s Action for New Directions, and Working Assets." 12-02
Send comments to
[Dr. Jerry Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.]