Matches: 198 Displayed: 20
- Science > Astronomy > Mars
- Science > Astronomy > Mars > Terraforming
- Social Studies > Current Events Archives > Mars > Astronomy 2004
- Social Studies > Biographies > M N O > Marshall, Thurgood
- Science > Astronomy > Mars > Pictures on Mars
- Science > Astronomy > Mars > Curiosity
- Science > Astronomy > Mars > 2012
- Science > Astronomy > Mars > 2011
- Mars (Hamilton)
Includes pictures, articles, and links.
- News on Mars Missions (NASA)
Provides news on the missions to Mars, including Spirit and Opportunity. 1-04
- Mars Pathfinder Image Gallery (CNN)
Provides photos and links.
- Mars - Rusty Sunset on Mars Photograph
Provides a sunset from mars taken August 4, 1997.
- Mars Surveryor 1998 Climate Orbiter (NASA)
Provides information on space flights to Mars.
- Map - Mars Interactive Map (USG - Kanefsky)
Provides a clickable globe of Mars to zoom in to details. 7-99
- Why Explore Mars (NASA)
"After Earth, Mars is the planet with the most hospitable climate in the solar system. So hospitable that it may once have harbored primitive, bacteria-like life. Outflow channels and other geologic features provide ample evidence that billions of years ago liquid water flowed on the surface of Mars. Although liquid water may still exist deep below the surface of Mars, currently the temperature is too low and the atmosphere too thin for liquid water to exist at the surface." 12-03
- Mars (KidsAstronomy.com)
Provides a picture and information, such as the orbit, rotation, mass, distance from the sun, speed, volume relative to the earth, temperature, atmosphere, and diameter. Even tells how much you would weight if you were there. 11-00.
- Mars - Strong Evidence of Life (CNN)
Provides the conclusion of scientists that a rock, believed to be 4.5 billion years old, contains fossilized bacteria that originated on Mars. 12-00
- Marsalis, Wynton (Jazz at Lincoln Center)
Provides a biography of the artistic director. 2-01
- Water on Mars Debate (CNN - Space)
Describes the debate on whether there is water on Mars. An alternative theory is that the markings on Mars that look like they are caused by water are actually caused by liquid carbon dioxide. 4-01
- Mars Exploration (NASA)
Provides news and other information on exploration of Mars. 4-01
- Terraforming Mars for Humans (HowStuffWorks.com)
Describes how Mars may be changed to allow humans to live there. 4-01
- Water on Mars - Odyssey Mission (HowStuffWorks.com)
Explains the Odyssey mission. 4-01
- Mars (National Geographic Society)
Describes Mars and missions to Mars. 4-01
- Mars Up Close (BBC News - Whitehouse)
Shows a picture from the Hubble telescope, from the closest Mars has been to Earth since 1988. 6-01
- Water May Flow on Mars (BBC News - Whitehouse)
Shows pictures that suggest that water may have flowed on the surface of Mars recently. 6-01
- Water on Mars - How It Is Detected (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
Shows how water is detected on Mars, using a gamma ray spectrometer. Also provides the latest news on the Odyssey mission. 3-02
- 05-15-02 Mars May Have Underground Water (CNN)
Summarizes the finding of vast amounts of amounts of hydrogen under the ground surface on Mars. This probably means that Mars has vast amounts of water.
- Water Discovered on Mars (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
Describes efforts to find water on Mars on the Odyssey project. 'The signal we're getting is loud and clear. There's lots of ice on Mars," Boynton said. "We're not just looking at surface frost. It's a fair amount of ice." Finding water on Mars means that Humans may be able to live there.