Matches: 128 Displayed: 20
- Science > Biology > Genetics
- Science > Biology > Genetics > DNA
- Science > Biology > Genetics > 2006
- Science > Biology > Genetics > Epigenetics
- Science > Biology > Genetics > Genetic Testing
- Science > Biology > Genetics > Treatment
- Chromosomes and Genetics (Utah Museum)
Provides basic information about chromosomes, DNA, stem cells, and related topics of interest. Visitors sometimes misspell as chromosones, cromosomes, or cromosones. 10-09
- Genetics Glossary (National Human Genome Research Institute)
Provides definitions of the key terms, such as base pairs. 6-00
- Genetics and Genome Mapping (Nature.com)
"Biology has become an increasingly data-rich subject, and NPG is committed to helping the community mine those data for novel insight. Many of the emerging fields of large-scale, data-rich, biology are designated by the suffix '-omics' added onto previously used terms." Provides news on genetics and genome mapping.
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications of Human Genetics Research (ELSI)
Provides articles and a history of ELSI. 2-01
- Genetics Help With the Study of Fast Evolution of Crabs (National Geographic Society - Krause)
Describes how the rapid evolution of the Jamaican tree crab was studied with the help of genetic material. 1-02
- Genetics Lessons (University of Kansas Medical Center)
Provides lessons related to genetics and ethics related to biotechnology.
- Biology - Genetics Projects to Promote Scientific Inquiry Skills (Genetic Science Learning Center)
Provides a variety of resource materials to teach about genetics.
- Genetics (Awesome Library)
Provides information on genes.
- Bio-Fuels From Genetics (MSN.com)
"J. Craig Venter, who gained worldwide fame in 2000 when he mapped the human genetic code, is behind a new start-up called Synthetic Genomics, which plans to create new types of organisms that, ideally, would produce hydrogen, secrete nonpolluting heating oil or be able to break down greenhouse gases." 11-05
- Bio-Fuels From Genetics (VenterInstitute.org)
"According to the U.S. Department of Energy approximately 80 percent of all human-caused carbon dioxide emissions currently come from fossil fuel combustion. The DOE also estimates that world carbon dioxide emissions are projected to rise from 6.1 billion metric tons carbon equivalent in 1999 to 7.9 billion metric tons per year in 2010 and to 9.9 billion metric tons in 2020. This continued consumption of fossil fuels is ample evidence that there is a growing need to eliminate carbon dioxide output into the environment and if possible capture back some of the carbon dioxide associated with global warming. The Biological Energy group is developing and using biological pathways and microbial metabolism to produce new fuels with higher energy output in an environmentally sound fashion. The team uses microbes, microbial genomics, microbial pathways, and plants as potential solutions to carbon sequestration and clean energy production. Current projects include: development of better understanding and reengineering of the photosynthetic pathway to divert the sunís energy into more hydrogen production as well as reengineering cellulase pathways in certain bacterial to produce ethanol." 11-05
- Gene Map of the Human Genome (NCBI)
Provides information on recent research to sequence human genomes.
- Genomes - Types of Genome Maps (US Department of Energy and the Human Genome Project)
Provides information and drawings to illustrate different ways of portraying genetic sequences. 1-04
- Problems (Science4kids)
Teaches science and genetics through problem solving. 1-01
- DNA, Genes, and Heredity (DNA Learning Center)
Provides animations to explain the basic concepts. Requires (free) Flash software.
- Genome Mapping by Organism (Nature)
Provides genome research summaries for humans, mice, rats, elegans, tuberculosis, and other organisms that have been mapped. 6-00
- Genome Mapping - Select Research Articles (Macmillan Publishers - Nature)
Provides select research articles on mapping the human genome. 6-00
- Genetic Mastermind
Provides a game that helps teach concepts in genetics.
- Genes - An Introduction (Athro, Limited)
Provides an introduction to concepts related to genetics. 12-00
- Cells and Biochemistry (Awesome Library)
Provides information on cells and more.
- Lewis, Edward B. (BBC History)
Provides a short biography of the Nobel Prize winner for his work in genetics. 5-02