Back to Top
When you have more than 50 Matches, go to Categories to see the rest.
- Black History - 19th Century African Americans (Bright)
Provides a picture and a short biography of this influential 19th Century African American. 2-01
- US Civil War (Sova and Black)
- Black History (US Post Office)
- Bass - Black Sea Bass (NOAA)
Provides an article and a drawing. 2-00
- Black Facts Online
Provides brief historical news by searchable date.
- Black/African American Related Resources (Adinar)
- Black History in African American (Black History Month is February)
- Black History Month Resources
- Bears, Black (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
- Black History - New Hampshire (SeacoastNH)
Provides sources of information related to black history on the eastern seacoast, especially New Hampshire.
- Black History - Black Patriots of the Revolution (SeacoastNH)
Provides a short summary of sections of "Colored Patriots of the Revolution" by Nell. Recounts events by a biography of the mid-1800's.
- African Americans - First Blacks of Portsmouth 1 (SeacoastNH)
"Valerie Cunningham traces African American history from 1645 through the first harsh century of slavery."
- First Blacks of Portsmouth 2 (SeacoastNH)
"Limited freedom came slowly. Valerie Cunningham discusses emancipation, the 'Negro Court,' and the lives of Portsmouth's expanding black population."
- -Black History Resources (Seacoast NH)
Provides over two dozen carefully chosen links to explore Black History. 9-05
- Jewish History (Black)
Provides highlights and major events in history according to Judaism.
- Ferrets - Black-Footed (Kids' Planet)
Includes a description and a drawing.
- Blackfeet Nation (NativeAmericans.com)
Provides basic information about the tribe and its history. 03-06
- Reviews of African American Movies (BlackFlix.com)
Provides news and reviews of movies, with a focus on movies staring or developed by Arican Americans. 9-00
- Black Holes (KidsAstronomy.com)
Provides a diagram and description of a black hole, singularity, and event horizon. 11-00.
- Black History - Underground Railroad (About.com - McElrath)
Describes the network used to free slaves in the 1800's in the United States. 2-01
- Black Holes - Falling Into (Hamilton)
Provides animations to illustrate the effects of black holes. 3-01
- Ferrets, Black-Footed (National Parks Conservation Association)
Provides a drawing and basic facts.
- Black Holes Merge When Galaxies Collide (Scientific American)
Provides the theory, based on observations, that when galaxies collide, black holes at their centers merge. 7-02
- Black Hole Pulls a Star in Orbit of Galaxy (USA Today - Vergano)
"Astronomers using the Hubble Space Telescope have captured evidence of a black hole hurtling through our Milky Way galaxy with gravity so strong it's dragging a star with it." 11-02
- New Black Peace Movement Needed (Guardian Unlimited)
Walter Mosley has written a "newly completed book, What Next?, to be published in America early next year. It is a collection of essays whose central theme is that America needs a new peace movement and that the black community should be at the vanguard of that movement." 9-03
- Quadcycles - BlackBird Bikes (BlackBirdBikes.com)
Starts at around $1,700. Awesome Library does not endorse these products, but only provides them as examples. Sometimes called four wheel or four-wheel bicycles. 6-01
- 06-03-04 Black Children Denied IQ Tests in California (Fox News)
"The United States may have come a long way in the fight against institutionalized racism but in California, black children are still being denied access to an important educational tool." 7-04
- Our Galaxy Has a Black Hole in the Center (BBC News)
"There now seems little doubt that a supermassive black hole resides at the centre of our galaxy, the Milky Way." 8-04
- Sunroofs or Canopies (BlackBirdBikes.com)
Provides sunroofs and other accessories for the EZ-1 recumbent bike and other bikes. Awesome Library does not endorse these products, but only provides them as examples. Sometimes called four wheel or four-wheel bicycles. 6-01
- Supermassive Black Hole (Wikipedia.org)
"A supermassive black hole is a black hole with a mass in the range of millions or billions solar masses." 10-04
- Black Holes (Wikipedia.org)
"A black hole is a concentration of mass with a gravitational field so strong that the escape velocity from nearby points exceeds the speed of light." 10-04
- -11-04-04 Fraud Alleged With Voting Machines (BlackBoxVoting.org)
"Black Box Voting has taken the position that fraud took place in the 2004 election through electronic voting machines. We base this on hard evidence, documents obtained in public records requests, inside information, and other data indicative of manipulation of electronic voting systems. What we do not know is the specific scope of the fraud. We are working now to compile the proof, based not on soft evidence -- red flags, exit polls -- but core documents obtained by Black Box Voting in the most massive Freedom of Information action in history." 11-04
- Report: Blackwell Locks Out Recounters (FairnessbyBeckerman.com)
Beckerman has reported that Blackwell has locked out persons attempting to recount the Ohio vote. 12-04
- Johnson, Jack - Unforgivable Blackness (CBS News)
The film "Unforgivable Blackness" focuses on "the first black heavyweight boxing champion, whose dominance over white opponents in the early 20th century sparked furious debates and even ignited race riots."
"Extreme racism was a foe of Johnson's as sure as any opponent in the ring."
"Johnson was an in-your-face fighter of the white establishment at a time when racism was insidious in America, Burns tells The Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith." 1-05
- Scientist May Have Created a Black Hole (BBC News)
"A fireball created in a US particle accelerator has the characteristics of a black hole, a physicist has said."
"It was generated at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) in New York, US, which smashes beams of gold nuclei together at near light speeds."
"The Brown researcher thinks the particles are disappearing into the fireball's core and reappearing as thermal radiation, just as matter is thought to fall into a black hole and come out as 'Hawking' radiation." 3-05
- Morgan Freeman Against Black History Month (CBS News)
“ 'You’re going to relegate my history to a month?' Freeman asks Wallace. After noting there is no 'white history month,' he says, 'I don’t want a black history month. Black history is American history,' he tells Wallace."
- Questions About Black Holes (ASK and Astronomer for Kids)
Provides questions and answers for kids and adults. 01-06
- -01-30-06 Blackworm Countdown (TimesOnline.co.uk)
"The clock is ticking on a dangerous computer virus programmed to delete millions of Word files stored on PCs when it reaches the end of its countdown on Friday." 01-06
- Black History Month Resources (HistoryChannel.com)
"In 1926 Woodson organized the first annual Negro History Week, which took place during the second week of February. Woodson chose this date to co-incide with the birthdays of Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln - two men who had greatly impacted the black population." 02-06
- Black History (Biography.com)
"In an effort to bring national attention to the contributions of black Americans, Woodson organized the first annual Negro History Week in 1926. He chose the second week of February in honor of the birthdays of pivotal black supporters Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln." 02-06
- -04-18-06 Rolling Blackouts in Texas (USA Today)
"Power companies throughout the state had to impose rolling blackouts Monday because of unseasonably hot weather and a shortage of electricity. Thousands of people were caught without electricity for short periods of time as highs reached into the low 100s." 04-06
- Stewart v. Blackwell Decision on Ohio Voting Machines (USCourts.gov)
The United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit REVERSED the decision of United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio at Akron. "The [District] court stated that: 'When coupled with the previously referenced de minimis affects of the punch card ballots, these facts do not allow this Court to conclude that an 'actual' denial of the right to vote on account of race occurs.' "Finally, the court concluded that 'the operation of different voting systems by different counties within the same state does not amount to a violation of the Equal Protection Clause.' ”
"Relying heavily on Justice Souter’s dissenting opinion in Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98, 134 (2000) (Souter, J., dissenting), the district court concluded that states may freely use a variety of different voting technologies without running afoul of the Equal Protection Clause. Further, the court concluded that the defendants have a rational basis for continuing to utilize punch card technology in that it is cost effective and there are security concerns with electronic technology." 04-06
- -Black History Month (Wikipedia.org)
"Black History Month is celebrated annually in the United States in the month of February." 01-07
- Black History Month (dmoz.org)
Provides several dozen resources. 01-07
- Black History Month (Answers.com)
"Black history cannot be separated from American history as a whole, from colonial times to the Civil War through the civil rights campaign and beyond." 01-07
- Black History Month (Education-World.com)
"Black history and culture is such a part of the American fabric -- and the school curriculum -- that it's difficult to imagine a time when that wasn't so." Provides over a dozen lesson plans. 01-07
- Black Oral History (Washington State University)
Provides 51 interviews in the Pacific Northwest in the 1970's. 01-07
- Black News (BlackPressUSA.com)
Provides news from a diverse set of African American press resources. 01-07
- -02-27-07 New Twist on Black Hole Theory (RedOrbit.com)
"Professor Sam Braunstein, of the University of York’s Department of Computer Science, and Dr Arun Pati, of the Institute of Physics, Sainik School, Bhubaneswar, India, have established that quantum information cannot be ‘hidden’ in conventional ways, or in Braunstein’s words, 'quantum information can run but it can’t hide.' "
"This result gives a surprising new twist to one of the great mysteries about black holes."
"Dr Pati said: 'Our result shows that either quantum mechanics or Hawking’s analysis must break down, but it does not choose between these two possibilities.' " 02-07
- -07-12-07 Mysterious Black Spot Seen on Mars (DiscoverMagazine.com)
"The HiRISE astronomical imaging project has a striking picture of a spot on Mars' surface that looks like total blackness to their Earth-based camera—it sees no light beyond the background noise level." Image 07-07
Send comments to
[Dr. Jerry Adams at email@example.com.]