Terms: Anxiety Disorders
Matches: 22 Displayed: 13
- Counselor > Psychology > Anxiety Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders (Awesome Library)
- Anxiety Disorders
Provides 11 resources on anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress, mutism, and other stress related disorders. 8-00
- Anxiety Disorders (American Psychiatric Association)
Discusses symptoms and treatments for post-traumatic stress disorder, general anxiety disorders, phobias, panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorders. 1-01
- Anxiety Disorders - Choosing a Psychiatrist (American Psyhciatric Association) 1-01
- Treatment Findings for Anxiety Disorders (Canadian Health Network - Mental Health)
Describes findings of effectiveness for treatment of several anxiety disorders, such as obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Panic Disorder, social phobia, generalized anxiety disorder, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). 6-04
- Anxiety Disorders in Children (SurgeonGeneral.gov)
Describes findings of effectiveness for treatment of several childhood anxiety disorders, such as separation anxiety. 6-04
- Virtual Reality Treatment for Anxiety Disorders(ABC News)
"A July 2004 study published in The New England Journal of Medicine reported that about 17 percent of troops returning from Iraq suffer from PTSD-related symptoms."
"So once a week, Frey has agreed to meet with Dr. James Spira at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego for therapy sessions. But instead of just talking about his experiences in Iraq, Frey puts on special goggles to relive them inside of a realistic videogame-like simulation that re-creates the sights, sounds — and soon — the smells of the battlefield. It's called exposure therapy." 7-05
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI.org)
"The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) is a nonprofit, grassroots, self-help, support and advocacy organization of consumers, families, and friends of people with severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and anxiety disorders." 12-02
- Panic Disorder (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry)
Provides basic suggestions.
- Psychology Resources (Baltimore County Public Schools - Steingart)
Provides resources on anxiety disorders, ADD, learning disabilities, behavior disorders, eating disorders, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, gifted resources, and more. 6-00
- OCD Description and Treatment (OCFoundation.org)
Provides articles to describe the symptoms and treament for OCD. 6-04
- Diagnosing Bipolar Disorder (Health.com)
"You’ve read up on bipolar disorder and think it may be causing your intense mood swings and problems with relationships at school or work."
"But you aren’t sure. Your symptoms—or those of the spouse, child, or friend you’re worried about—also resemble those of other mental disorders, such as depression, borderline personality disorder, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)."
"Your confusion is understandable. Bipolar disorder can be difficult even for mental health professionals to diagnose, because many of the symptoms overlap with those of other mental illnesses, says S. Nassir Ghaemi, MD, the director of the Mood Disorders Program at Tufts Medical Center in Boston." 03-11