Environment Checklist for _________________________
Start Date ________
Completion Date ________
1. Number of tree seeds or saplings sent...
____ Tree seeds or saplings sent to places in the world where they will be planted, is the goal.
____ Trees actually planted as a result of the effort.
2. Number of meals without beef...
____ Meals without beef, is the goal.
____ Meals actually without beef.
3. Number of cities or townships with trash separation and recycling programs...
____ Cities or townships with trash separation and recycling programs, is the goal.
____ Cities or townships with trash separation and recycling programs.
4. Number of homes with flow restrictors installed...
____ Homes with flow restrictors in shower heads and faucets, is the goal.
____ Homes with flow restrictors in shower heads and faucets actually installed.
5. Number of homes with hot water heater insulation blankets installed...
____ Hot water heater insulation blankets installed, is the goal.
____ Hot water heater insulation blankets actually installed.
6. Support for pollution controls for diesel fuel...
____ (City, County, or State) has ordinances supporting use of pollution controls for diesel trucks.
7. Number of wind turbines or ocean wave turbines...
____ Number of wind or ocean wave turbines installed.
8. Number of buildings with window, ceiling, and door insulation...
____ Number of buildings with full insulation, is the goal.
____ Number of buildings actually with full insulation.
9. Cleaner fuels for motor vehicles is supported...
____ (City, County, or State) has a program to support use of cleaner fuels for motor vehicles.
10. Toxic materials recycled...
____ System for recycling toxic materials, such as batteries, is in place.
____ System for monitoring compliance to recycle toxic materials is in place.
It is often easiest to get started with helping by getting involved with an environmental organization or project.
For more information, contact Dr. R. Jerry Adams at email@example.com. or http://www.awesomelibrary.org/Classroom/Science/Ecology/Ecology.html