Awesome Library
Search:      

Here: Home > Classroom > Social Studies > Multicultural > Native American Groups > Comanche

Comanche

Papers
  1. Comanche - Pictures of Early Homes (Kavanagh)
  2. Comanche History Part One (Sultzman)
      "This is a single part of what will be, by my classification, about 240 compact tribal histories (contact to 1900). It is limited to the lower 48 states of the U.S. but also includes those First Nations from Canada and Mexico that had important roles (Huron, Micmac, Assiniboine, etc.)." 6-02

  3. Comanche History Part Three (Sultzman)
      "Of the three million acres guaranteed them by the Medicine Lodge Treaty in 1867, the Comanches kept less than 10%. In 1901 the reservation was broken into 160 acre individual allotments and disbanded. The opening of the other 90% for settlement that year caused the last great land rush in American history." 6-02

  4. Comanche History Part Two (Sultzman)
      "Eventually armed with the first Colt revolvers, the Texas Rangers enjoyed considerable success against Comanches during the 1840s. However, Houston wanted peace, not war, and he was trusted by Comanches. A treaty between the Republic of Texas and Texas Comanches was signed October, 1845 and ratified in December." 6-02

  5. Comanche Village in 1872-3
Tweet    
   


Hot Topics: American Flag, Current Events, Politics,
Education, Directories, Multicultural, Middle East Conflict,
Child Heroes, Sustainable Development, Climate Change.
Awesome Library in Different Languages


Google

Privacy Policy, Email UsAbout Usor Sponsorships.


Advertisement



© 1996 - 2016 EDI and Dr. R. Jerry Adams