- Fishermen Catch Rare Megamouth Shark, Then Eat It (CBS News)
"Fishermen in the Philippines accidentally caught and later ate a megamouth shark, one of the rarest fishes in the world with only 40 others recorded to have been encountered, the World Wildlife Fund said Tuesday." 04-09
- Sharks (National Parks Conservation Association)
Provides a drawing and basic facts.
- Sharks - Whale Sharks (Macmillan - Nature)
Describes the marine animal, the largest known fish. Includes a drawing of the fish. 5-01
- Sharks - Whale Sharks (Whaleshark.org)
Describes the marine animal, the largest known fish. Includes a picture and a diagram with labels for parts. 01-07
- Sharks Navigate Using Magnetic Fields (CNN News)
"Marine scientists in Hawaii have confirmed sharks can spot changes in magnetic fields."
"The discovery adds weight to the long-held theory that the fish possess an internal compass to guide them over long distances." 12-04
- Whale Shark the Size of a Bus Found in the Arabian Sea (MSNBC News)
"The whale shark was added to the World Conservation Union's list of threatened species in 2008." 12-04